The Law School has a security guard on site from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily. The guard makes rounds throughout the buildings throughout the shift. If you need to contact the security guard via phone, call security dispatch at (434) 924-5048.
The Law School has five AEDs on site, in the following locations:
- Slaughter Hall: In the hallway, near the entrance to the Student Records office
- Withers-Brown (first floor): In the hallway, between the entrance to the Library and WB126
- Withers-Brown (second floor): In the library, behind the Reference Desk
- Withers-Brown (third floor): In the lobby, near the main elevator
- Hunton & Williams Hall/Student Faculty Center: In the entryway, between the center doors opening onto the Spies Garden terrace
Note: Each AED is stored in its own cabinet with a sign above it that reads “AED” in red lettering. The door to each cabinet is alarmed.
There are five first aid kits at the Law School, in the following locations:
- Clay Hall, outside Caplin Pavilion
- Slaughter Hall first floor: Student Affairs conference room, SL107A
- Slaughter Hall third floor: Law School Foundation work room, SL361
- Withers Brown first floor: Law Library Circulation Desk
- Withers Brown third floor: Dean’s Office, WB319G (in the supply closet)
Fire extinguishers are located throughout the building on all floors. Many are located in glass cabinets set into the walls.
The Law School has an indoor speaker system that is connected to the University emergency notification system. The system can also be used by the Law School directly in case of an emergency.
- If you hear the indoor alarm, stay calm and follow any verbal instructions that accompany the alarm.
To report a Law School building or grounds issue (power, water/utilities, door locks, exterior lighting, downed tree, etc.) contact the Law School’s Building Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 924-4583. After hours and on weekends, contact Facilities Management Systems Control at (434) 924-1777.
To report an IT issue in the Law School, contact Law ITC at email@example.com or (434) 924-7808.