News & Events
UVA Forum on Health Law and Policy
The Forum gives faculty and students from the Schools of Law and Medicine (and elsewhere in the University) the chance to present works in progress.
Sadie Lewis Webb Program in Law and
Established by Earl "Duke" Collier, Law Class of 1973 in 2002 in honor of his grandmother, the Program sponsors the Sadie Lewis Webb Visiting Scholar, faculty workshops, scholarly lunch discussions, informal seminars, medical center hour presentations and symposium on health, human rights and ethics. The inaugural visitor was Dr. Albert Jonsen in October 2002 and Alta Charo in January and March of 2004.
P. Browning Hoffman Memorial Lecture
The P. Browning Hoffman Memorial Lecture in Law and Psychiatry was established by the University of Virginia School of Law as a tribute to the life and work of P. Browning Hoffman, who held joint appointments as Professor of Law and Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, and was the founding director of the Institute of Law, Psychiatry, and Public Policy.
- Jeffrey Swanson, Ph.D., Duke University
- Alan Stone, M.D., Harvard University
- Seymour Halleck, M.D., University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Norval Morris, L.L.B., L.L.M., Ph.D., University of Chicago
- Loren Roth, M.D., M.P.H., University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Paul S. Appelbaum, M.D., University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Tom Grisso, Ph.D., University of Massachusetts Medical School
- John Gunn, M.D. University of London
- Robert A. Burt, M.A., J.D. Yale University
- Semyon Gluzman, M.D., Ukrainian Psychiatric Association
- 2003 Stephen J. Morse of the University of Pennsylvania Law School