Finding a Job: Employment/Temp Agencies
Finding a Job
Charlottesville Home
Finding a Job

Employment/Temp Agencies

University of Virginia Temps
Become a Temp
Department of Human Resources
914 Emmet Street (just north of Arlington Blvd. and Emmet)
P.O. Box 400127
Charlottesville, VA 22904

A great way to get exposure in the University while you are waiting for the right job. Sometimes the temping itself leads to the right job! Private industry temp jobs may pay better, though. You must file a formal application for employment to be considered for temp jobs. (See Major Local Employers.)

Adams & Garth Staffing
fax: 973-8458
2119 Berkmar Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Locally owned and operated since 1989.

ADECCO Employment Services
2114 Angus Road, Suite 101 (left off Rt. 29 North, just north of 250 Bypass)
Charlottesville, VA 22903

Express Employment Professionals
2116 Angus Road, Suite B

Fox Staffing Resources/Judith Fox Technical and Professional
675 Peter Jefferson Pkwy. (near Rt. 250 East and I-64)

Hansen-Lambert Inc.
1728C Allied St.

Kelly Services
fax: 973-1920

1160 Pepsi Pl., Suite 207
Charlottesville, VA 22901-0807

Temporary, temporary to full-time, direct placements.

The Monticello Group
590 Peter Jefferson Parkway, Ste 175

400 Preston Ave.

Nurse Finders
1807 Emmet St.

ProTemps Temporary Services
(757) 490-9617
4455 South Boulevard Ste 120
Virginia Beach, VA 23452

ProTemps serves Virginia cities and specializes in professional, industrial, and legal positions.

Randstad North America
195 Seminole Ct.

Robbins Staffing Solutions Inc.
fax: 295-9252

1445 E. Rio Road, Suite 102

675 Peter Jefferson Pkwy., Suite 330
(250 East to Pantops, just east of Guaranty Bank, on right)

Very professional. Focuses on full-time, temp-to-perm positions.


Substitute teaching can be a convenient, flexible, part-time job or a chance to work daily while you are looking for a more permanent job. For Charlottesville City schools, you must have completed at least 60 hours of your bachelor's degree and file an application. For short-term substitute teaching positions, Albemarle County schools require a high school diploma and an application. For long-term assignments, you must have a bachelor's degree and be certified in the area in which you will be teaching. Contact each school system at the numbers on the previous pages if you are interested. It has been recommended that you go personally to the schools where you wish to work. Your chances of being called are greater if the employees know you. Distribute a résumé and cover letter which explains the grades & subjects you prefer. See Finding a Job: Major Local Employers for links to human resources information and contacts.

What's your opinion? Add to the C'ville guide, report new information and let us know what you think. We reserve the right to edit or reject submissions.