Senior Assistant Dean for Career Services
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1990
A.B., Dartmouth College, 1987
As senior assistant dean for career services, Kevin Donovan leads the Office of Career Services at the Law School.
Before joining the school in 2009, Donovan was a litigation partner in the Philadelphia office of Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP. While at Morgan Lewis, he was the firm's pro bono chair from 2003-08, was heavily involved in recruiting and participated in running three summer associate programs. Donovan's practice focused on complex tort litigation, including class actions and national serial litigation. He also was involved in complex commercial litigation, bankruptcy litigation and intellectual property litigation.
Donovan clerked for U.S. District Judge Frank J. Battisti in the Northern District of Ohio. He joined Morgan Lewis following his clerkship and was elevated to the partnership in 2000.
- "Sandridge Award-Winning Employees Add Special Touches to UVA" (UVA Today, 06/10/2016)
- "Leonard W. Sandridge Outstanding Contribution Award" (UVA Human Resources, 06/08/2016)
- "Tough Times for Law Firm Associate Market Not Over" (law.com, 05/04/2010)
- "Howrey Law Firm Shifts Pay, Development of Entry-level Attorneys" (Washington Post, 04/26/2010)
- "A Swelling Labor Pool" (Virginia Business, 01/27/2010)
- "The Current Economic Environment: What It Means to Law School Applicants and Students" (Law School Podcaster, 09/24/2009)
- "S&C vs. Harvard and the Relevance of NALP's 45-Day Rule" (AM Law Daily, 09/18/2009)