Harrison Foundation Professor of Medicine and Law Emeritus and Professor of Pediatrics Emeritus
M.S., Stanford University, 1987
M.D., University of Wisconsin, 1977
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 1970
S.B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1963
Thomas Massaro most recently served as associate dean for graduate medical education and director of performance improvement at the University of Virginia Medical Center. He teaches courses relating to health care and law at the Law School.
Massaro served his residency at the University of Colorado Medical Center's Pediatrics unit. His research and teaching interests include health care policy, medical informatics, children and the legal system, and international health care.
- Law, Medicine and Health Policy
- Medical Care for Children: Law, Economics, & Health Policy
- Southwest Virginia Health Authority Meets to Review Merger" (Bristol Herald Courier, 08/01/2016)
- "A new way to operate: A surgery practice bets on a price transparency model" (C-Ville, 03/12/2014)
- "Area Businesses Prep for Full Implementation of Health Care Act" (The Daily Progress, 06/23/2013)