Third Year Practice Certificate

If you would like a Third Year Practice Certificate for Virginia (or other jurisdictions), please file a request with the Student Records Office. Request forms are available in the SRO. Please remember to include a mailing address (not your mailbox in the Law School building) with your form.

To obtain a certificate, you must have completed at least four semesters of law school, and completed the following courses:

1. Civil Procedure
2. Criminal Law
3. Evidence
4. Professional Responsibilty

If you are a second-year student and will need your certificate for a summer job, please submit your Third-Year Practice Certificate request no later than April 15th each year.