Law School Guest Account Creation
Guest accounts allow printing in the Law School computer labs and basic access to LawWeb (principally the Law ITC help desk for printing questions). They also allow you to create a copying PIN, so you can use your Guest account printing balance for copying at Law School copying machines. For more information about printing and copying at the Law School see the Printing and Copying Guide.
Guest accounts can be created for:
- Persons not affiliated with the Law School
- Student organizations wanting to create printing accounts, or
- Faculty or staff who want to print materials not related to Law School business
For private or organizational printing, you've come to the right place: you may create an additional account here for private or otherwise special purposes.
Please Note: If you are a Law Student or Faculty member, or you are taking a Law Class, you already have an account for school-related printing and access to administrative services. If you are having problems with your existing account, contact email@example.com, don't create a new one here.
- Guest accounts expire one year (plus two months grace period, or 14 months total) from when they are created OR one year (plus two months grace period) from when money is last added to the account, whichever is later.
- A minimum printing deposit of $5 is required and is nonrefundable.
- Money put into a printing account is considered "use it or lose it."
- Printing cost is 5 cents per page.
- You must have a valid email address and credit card to use this service. All notifications are sent via email.
- You may add more money to your account at any time via our web page.
- You are responsible for all pages printed, including those printed by others using your account because you neglected to log out--REMEMBER TO LOG OUT WHEN DONE PRINTING.
- Technical problems with your printing account, contact the Law ITC Help Desk or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For credit card or print balance issues, contact the Law ITC Help Desk or email@example.com.
- Printer hardware problems, i.e., jams, toner, paper, etc., can be reported during business hours to Materials Services (4-3810) or the Law ITC Help Desk.
- Request for print credits due to hardware problems should be requested at the Law ITC Help Desk or firstname.lastname@example.org.