The Law School has a security guard on site from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily. The guard makes rounds throughout the buildings throughout the shift. If you need to contact the security guard via phone, call security dispatch at (434) 924-5048.
The Law School has five AEDs on site, in the following locations:
- Slaughter Hall: In the hallway, near the entrance to the Student Records office
- Brown Hall (first floor): In the hallway, between the entrance to the Library and WB126
- Brown Hall (second floor): In the library, behind the Reference Desk
- Brown Hall (third floor): In the lobby, near the main elevator
- Hunton Andrews Kurth Hall/Student Faculty Center: In the entryway, between the center doors opening onto the Spies Garden terrace
Note: Each AED is stored in its own cabinet with a sign above it that reads “AED” in red lettering. The door to each cabinet is alarmed.
There are five first aid kits at the Law School, in the following locations:
- Clay Hall, outside Caplin Pavilion
- Slaughter Hall first floor: Student Affairs conference room, SL107A
- Slaughter Hall third floor: Law School Foundation work room, SL361
- Brown Hall first floor: Law Library Circulation Desk
- Brown Hall third floor: Dean’s Office, WB319G (in the supply closet)
Fire extinguishers are located throughout the building on all floors. Many are located in glass cabinets set into the walls.
To report a Law School building or grounds issue (power, water/utilities, door locks, exterior lighting, downed tree, etc.) contact the Law School’s Building Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 924-4583. After hours and on weekends, contact Facilities Management Systems Control at (434) 924-1777.
To report an IT issue in the Law School, contact Law ITC at email@example.com or (434) 924-7808.