John W. Glynn, Jr. Law & Business Program
A new national webinar series presented by the University of Chicago Center on Law and Finance and UVA Law’s John W. Glynn, Jr. Law & Business Program will examine race and business law scholarship and pedagogy.
Insights on Teaching Race in Business Law
Friday, Feb. 5
1 p.m. EST
Faculty will share their insights on discussing and teaching issues relating to race in business law courses. UVA Law School Dean Risa Goluboff will introduce the panel. Open to law professors.
- Afra Afsharipour, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Law, UC Davis School of Law
- Carliss Chatman, Associate Professor of Law, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Cathy Hwang, Professor of Law, University of Virginia School of Law
- Elizabeth Reese, Harry A. Bigelow Teaching Fellow, Lecturer in Law, University of Chicago Law School
A Workshop on Race and the Law of Business & Finance
Friday, Feb. 19
1 p.m. EST
Scholars will present their research on how the law interacts with issues of race in business and finance. University of Chicago Law School Dean Thomas J. Miles will introduce the panel.
- Abbye Atkinson, Associate Professor of Law, Berkeley Law
- Mehrsa Baradaran, Professor of Law; Associate Dean for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; UC Irvine Law
- Andrew Hayashi, Class of 1948 Professor of Scholarly Research in Law; Director, Virginia Center for Tax Law; University of Virginia School of Law
- Moderator: Aneil Kovvali, Harry A. Bigelow Teaching Fellow, Lecturer in Law, University of Chicago Law School