John W. Glynn, Jr. Law & Business Program
Eric Broyles ’95 will discuss his experience and journey into entreprenuership. Food will be provided.
In an environment of increasing academic specialization, Oxford-Virginia Legal Dialogs seeks to build bridges across academic disciplines by introducing a new kind of workshop. For each session, a tax scholar will select a non-tax, but law-related, work that is prominent in its own field and explain how the work is relevant to the study of taxation. The author of the work will then respond before we open the session to questions and discussion by workshop attendees. The featured work for this session is Rick Pildes (New York University School of Law), “Political Fragmentation in Democracies Today,” with commentator Wolfgang Schön (Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance, Münich). Details | Register
Insights on Teaching Race in Business Law
Friday, Feb. 5
1 p.m. EST
Faculty will share their insights on discussing and teaching issues relating to race in business law courses. UVA Law School Dean Risa Goluboff will introduce the panel. Open to law professors.
- Afra Afsharipour, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Professor of Law, UC Davis School of Law
- Carliss Chatman, Associate Professor of Law, Washington & Lee University School of Law
- Cathy Hwang, Professor of Law, University of Virginia School of Law
- Elizabeth Reese, Harry A. Bigelow Teaching Fellow, Lecturer in Law, University of Chicago Law School
A Workshop on Race and the Law of Business & Finance
Friday, Feb. 19
1 p.m. EST
Scholars will present their research on how the law interacts with issues of race in business and finance. University of Chicago Law School Dean Thomas J. Miles will introduce the panel.
- Abbye Atkinson, Associate Professor of Law, Berkeley Law
- Andrew Hayashi, Class of 1948 Professor of Scholarly Research in Law; Director, Virginia Center for Tax Law; University of Virginia School of Law
- Moderator: Aneil Kovvali, Harry A. Bigelow Teaching Fellow, Lecturer in Law, University of Chicago Law School