Constitutional law, antitrust and communications regulation, national security
- Clerked for Judge Frank H. Easterbrook of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Practiced with what is now Mayer Brown in Chicago
- Is a U.S. Army Reserve judge advocate, and was a principal editor and contributor for the first three editions of "The Rule of Law Handbook: A Practitioners’ Guide" (2007-09)
- Before he went to law school, Nachbar spent five years as a systems analyst, working for both Andersen Consulting and Hughes Space and Communications.
Constitutional law and civil procedure; federal courts
- Clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and for Judge Stephen F. Williams on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- Practiced law with the Cincinnati firm Taft, Stettinius & Hollister, where he focused on appellate litigation
- An expert in legislation and federal courts and a renowned classroom instructor, Nelson is author of the textbook "Statutory Interpretation." (Story)
Constitutionalism, federalism, Civil War legal history
- Won the American Society for Legal History's William Nelson Cromwell Prize in 2011.
- Nicoletti is working on a book based on her doctoral dissertation. The book examines the issue of whether secession during the Civil War could have been legally valid.