Legal history and statutory interpretation
- Ph.D. in American history, Princeton University
- Clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer and for Judge Guido Calabresi of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Currently working on a book, “Statutory Interpretation and Judicial Authority, 1776-1860"
Separation of powers, presidential powers, constitutional law
- Clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and for Judge Laurence H. Silberman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- A frequent commentator in the media on presidential power, Prakash is the author of "Imperial from the Beginning: The Constitution of the Original Executive."
- Among Prakash's articles are "How to Remove a Federal Judge," and "The Executive Power Over Foreign Affairs." (Scholarship Profile)