Contracts, sales/commercial paper, legal philosophy, bankruptcy and secured transactions
- Ph.D. and M.A. in philosophy, University of Chicago
- Has received several academic awards, including a Whiting National Fellowship in the Humanities
- Co-author of two popular casebooks, "Secured Transactions in Personal Property" and "Payments and Credits"
Legal research and writing
- Served as an assistant corporation counsel in the New York City Law Department’s Affirmative Litigation Division, which brings lawsuits on behalf of the city as plaintiff.
- Stewart prepares first-year law students for the culmination of their Legal Research and Writing course: arguing a mock courtroom case. (Video)
Legal history, constitutional law, torts
- Clerked for U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren
- White's 17 published books have won numerous honors and awards, including the final listing for the Pulitzer Prize in history.
- Former fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Foundation, and twice a senior fellow of the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts & Sciences, a fellow of the Society of American Historians, and a member of the American Law Institute.
Federal court system and civil procedure
- Worked for a decade as a civil rights lawyer in Louisiana
- Scholarly interests involve key doctrinal features of the law of federal courts