Have you applied for financial aid?
- Complete the FAFSA (must be done annually).
Have you been awarded student loans?
- Accept your loans on the Student Information System (SIS).
Sign a promissory note for each loan:
- Direct Unsubsidized promissory note
- Graduate PLUS loan promissory note
- Complete Student Loan Entrance Counseling. Sign in before you start and follow the link marked "Entrance Counseling."
Will you be receiving financial aid to cover your living expenses, in excess of tuition and fees?
- Sign up for direct deposit. Go to your Student Center — under the "Finances" section, you will find the link to the secure online electronic form.
Are you a veteran of the U.S. armed forces?
- Check forms and information for veterans.
- Contact Jennifer Hulvey, Director of Financial Aid, with questions: email@example.com or 434-924-7805.
Other items to consider:
- Financial aid is for the student's educational expenses. Budget carefully in order to live within the resources available, and borrow only what you absolutely need.
- Protect your credit and your identity. Both play critical roles in your professional future.
- Pay off personal debt before starting Law School. Eliminate credit card payments, car loans, etc., to minimize the burden on your finances while attending school full-time.
- Activate your UVA email account and check it regularly. You will receive your bill for tuition and fees electronically each term, about 40 days before classes begin.
- Read the communications you receive from the Financial Aid Office. Check your SIS Student Center for "to do" items and complete requests promptly.
- Submit your student health forms on time. Failure to do so can result in a "hold" on your student account, which will delay your financial aid disbursement.