- John Allan Love Professor of Law
- Nicholas E. Chimicles Research Professor of Business Law and Regulation
An expert in consumer finance and law and economics, Rich Hynes teaches Bankruptcy, Contracts, Corporate Finance, and Secured Transactions at Virginia.
Hynes received his B.S. from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his Ph.D. in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and a law degree from the University of Chicago. He was elected to the Order of the Coif. After graduating from law school, he practiced law with Skadden Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Los Angeles. He joined the faculty at the William and Mary School of Law in 2000, and he joined the Virginia faculty in 2007 after visiting during the 2006-07 academic year.
Scholarship Profile: The Insolvent Consumer and the Legal System (Virginia Journal 2010)
- J.D.University of Chicago Law School1997
- Ph.D.University of Pennsylvania1998
- B.S.F.S.Georgetown University1990