Event times and speakers are subject to change.
Friday, March 19
Welcome and Walking Tour of the David A. Harrison Law Grounds
Welcome remarks from Natalie Blazer, assistant dean for admissions, followed by a walk through of the Law School building and grounds with a student ambassador. Additional student ambassadors will be available to answer questions and connect with you live in the chat.
(re)Mix and Mingle
Enjoy a live chat and opportunities to connect with your fellow admitted students while enjoying the live sounds of DJ Sanitize. The Admitted Students Open House co-chairs will provide brief remarks at the end of the reception.
Student Activities Fair
UVA Law students are engaged in over 65 different student organizations. Learn more about each of those organizations at a live Student Activities Fair.
Have fun playing trivia with your peers – special prizes will be announced for participants and winners!
Saturday, March 20
Join Page Garbee (3L student) for a low-impact, high-intensity workout! There is no need to purchase anything, but some "nice to haves" in terms of equipment include: cans or water bottles (weights), a towel and a chair/wall.
Risa Goluboff, dean of the University of Virginia School of Law, and Natalie Blazer, assistant dean for admissions, will provide welcoming remarks.
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Alumni Perspectives: UVA Law Over the Years
Distinguished alumni, including Toby Heytens ’00, the Honorable Daniel Bress ’05, Grace Fu ’09, and Erin Seagears ’20, will speak on their experiences at UVA Law and with the alumni network. There will also be time for questions from admitted students.
Join small groups of your fellow admits for lunch. Current students will also join your small groups to answer your questions about life at UVA Law.
Career Development and Support
Speak with the heads of the Office of Private Practice, the Public Service Center and the Clerkships Office. Choose two of three options during these two blocks: 1:45-2:15 p.m. and 2:15-2:45 p.m.
Financing Your J.D. Education
Learn about the financial aid process and ways to finance your legal education with Jennifer Hulvey, director of financial aid.
Connect with other admitted students, current students and UVA Law alumni through several rounds of “speed networking.”
Tours and Life in Charlottesville
- Life at UVA Law
- Video Tour of UVA Law With Jasmine Lee ’20 (filmed in summer 2020)
- UVA Law Video Tour of Charlottesville
- UVA Tour of Charlottesville
Curricular Panels/Mock Classes From Past Years
- Program in Law & Business, With Professor Andrew Vollmer '77
- Constitutional Law, With Professor Frederick Schauer
- Constitutional Law, Legal History and Civil Rights, With Dean Risa Goluboff
- Program in Law and Public Service, With Professor Josh Bowers
- Mock Class, With Professor George Geis
- Environmental Law, With Professor Michael Livermore
- Health Law, With Professor Mimi Foster Riley
- Criminal Law, With Professor Darryl Brown
- Supreme Court Litigation Clinic, With Professor Dan Ortiz
- International Law, With Professor John Setear